Agenda of the seminar “Contracts Execution at a War Time”
Date: September 15, 2022, 11:00-13:00
Participation in the seminar is free
11:00 –11:20 Ivan Kasynyuk, Partner at AGA Partners
Latest update on the Ukrainian commodities market
- Operation of Ukrainian ports
- Alternative performance
- Perspectives of commodities export
11:20 – 12:10 Pavlo Lebediev, Associate at AGA Partners
Prevention of shipment, force majeure and war risk clauses in contracts: details matter!
- How does the prevention of shipment clause operate?
- How should force majeure and war risk clauses be invoked?
- Do you have a right to cancel the contract?
- What should you do if force majeure is wrongly invoked?
- Do you have a right to claim damages?
- What is the procedure for claiming damages?
12:00 – 13:00 Iryna Moroz, Partner at AGA Partners
Real-time case study on force majeure
- Blockade of the Ukrainian sea ports
- Impossibility to accept the cargo at the terminal under CPT/DAP contracts
- Restrictions of railway transportation to the EU
- Congestions at the Sulina channel
- Recommendations on how the force majeure risks can be mitigated